|Title||Shaker Village, Mt. Lebanon|
|Place||North Family, Mount Lebanon, NY|
|Object Name||Photograph, Cabinet|
|Description||The view is of the Lebanon North Family looking north from near the intersection of the Lebanon Springs and the New Lebanon Roads. Buildings visible in the photograph include, moving from right to left the North Family Dwelling (1818), a glimpse of the Stone Barn (1859), the Wood House/Wash House (1854), the Second (Lower) Dwelling (1835), a glimpse of the roof of the Horse Barn (1860), the Deacons' Workshop ( ), a glimpse of the Brethren's Brick Shop (1829), the Wood House/Forge (1849), and part of the Lumber Shed ( ). The North Family Kitchen Garden is prominently featured with what appears to be grape vines and recently tilled earth. A martin house, mounted high on a pole is visible just in front of the Deacons' Workshop. One the back of the card, in Henry Terry Clough's hand writing is the title, "Partial View of North Family -- Looking North-West." The card also has Clough's blue stamped mark of ownership on the back. The card is identified in Clough's hand as "No. 3."|
Clough, Henry Terry (1862- )
|Photographer||James Irving, Troy, NY|
The photograph was presented to the Shaker Museum|Mount Lebanon by Mrs. Julia Clough in August, 1950. Julia Clough was the former Julia Matilda (Mintie) Dalton, who joined the Church Family at Mount Lebanon on July 11, 1876. She married Henry Terry Clough, also a Shaker.
The photograph once belonged to Henry Clough, an amateur photographer himself, and bears his hand-written monogram on the back of the card.
|Number of images||2|