|Title||Shaker Village, Mt. Lebanon|
|Place||Church Family, Mount Lebanon, NY|
|Object Name||Photograph, Cabinet|
|Description||The view of the North Family with the Church Family in the distant background. The photograph was probably made from the cupola of the Great Stone Barn since by the time of this photograph the roof of the Barn had been changed to a gable roof and slated over. Of particular interest in the photograph is the small building in the lower left that is an outhouse (as evidenced by the hinged clean-out flaps at the lower level), there is a martin house (bird house) atop a tall poll between the west end of the Second Dwelling and the Farm Deacons' Workshop, the windows of the first and second floors of the Second Dwelling have been changed to two-over-two sash, but the third floor retains the original twelve-over-twelve sash. On the back of the card, in Henry Terry Clough's hand writing is the title, "North Family From the roof of Stone-Barn -- Looking South--." The card also has Clough's blue stamped mark of ownership on the back. The card is identified in Clough's hand as "No. 1."|
Clough, Henry Terry (1862- )
|Photographer||James Irving, Troy, NY|
The photograph was presented to the Shaker Museum|Mount Lebanon by Mrs. Julia Clough in August, 1950. Julia Clough was the former Julia Matilda (Mintie) Dalton, who joined the Church Family at Mount Lebanon on July 11, 1876. She married Henry Terry Clough, also a Shaker.
The photograph once belonged to Henry Clough, an amateur photographer himself, and bears his hand-written monogram on the back of the card.
|Number of images||2.0|