|Title||Shaker Village, Mt. Lebanon|
|Place||Church Family, Mount Lebanon, NY|
|Object Name||Photograph, Cabinet|
|Description||The view of the Church Family Dwelling (1875) appears to have been taken from the hill just north of the Church Family Office (1827). Buildings visible in the photograph include, right to left, the Ministry's Residence (1877), a glimpse of the Sheep Barn ( ), the Gas House (1876), the Dwelling (1875), and glimpses of the Old Sick House ( ) and the Brethren's Workshop (1827). There are three Sisters and one Brother standing just behind the Meetinghouse picket fence. On the back of the card, in Henry Terry Clough's hand writing is the title, "Church Family Dwelling and Ministry's Residence Looking South-West." The card also has Clough's blue stamped mark of ownership on the back. The card is identified in Clough's hand as "No. 8."|
Clough, Henry Terry (1862- )
|Photographer||James Irving, Troy, NY|
The photograph was presented to the Shaker Museum|Mount Lebanon by Mrs. Julia Clough in August, 1950. Julia Clough was the former Julia Matilda (Mintie) Dalton, who joined the Church Family at Mount Lebanon on July 11, 1876. She married Henry Terry Clough, also a Shaker.
The photograph once belonged to Henry Clough, an amateur photographer himself, and bears his hand-written monogram on the back of the card.
|Number of images||2.0|