|Title||"Shaker Church, Mt. Lebanon, Columbia Co., N. Y."|
|Place||Mount Lebanon, New York|
|Description||The photograph shows the Meetinghouse (1824) with a number of carriages hitched along the road as the public arrives to attend Shaker meeting on a Sunday morning. To the far right the old Meetinghouse (1785), repurposed as a Seed Workshop, can be seen during its flat-roof period. One the back of the card is the inscription: "Looking North west across the street from the Infirmary by the corner of 1st Order's Dwelling house -- Seed shop -- beyond."|
This stereograph was presented to the Shaker Museum|Mount Lebanon by Mrs. Julia Clough in August, 1950. Julia Clough was the former Julia Matlida (Mintie or Minta) Dalton, who joined the Church Family at Mount Lebanon on July 11, 1876. She left the Shakers and married former Shaker Henry Terry Clough.
The stereograph once belonged to Henry Clough and has his name written on the back of the card.
|Number of images||2|